DOWNLOAD THE HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
All persons hiring Coton Village Hall should familiarise themselves with our Health and Safety Policy which can be downloaded using the button above. Hirers should pay particular attention to the safety rules as set out below:
- Make sure that all emergency exit doors are clear and unlocked as soon as the hall is to be used and throughout the hiring.
- Do not operate or touch any electrical equipment where there are signs of damage, exposure of components or water penetration etc.
- Do not work on steps, ladders or at height until they are properly secured and another person is present.
- Do not leave portable electrical or gas appliances operating while unattended.
- Do not bring onto the property any portable electrical appliances which have not been Portable Appliance Tested.
- Do not attempt to move heavy or bulky items (e.g. stacked tables or chairs) – use the trolleys provided.
- Do not stack more than five chairs (grey) and eight chairs (blue).
- Do not attempt to carry or tip a water boiler when it contains hot water. Leave it to cool.
- Do not allow children in the kitchen except under close supervision (e.g. for supervised cookery lessons or, in the case of older children, for supervised serving of food at functions). Avoid over-crowding in the kitchen and do not allow running.
- Wear suitable protective clothing when handling cleaning or other toxic materials.
- Report any evidence of damage or faults to equipment or the building’s facilities to one of the Caretakers, to Ann Puntis 01954 212774 or to the Bookings Secretary 07493598550. Report every accident in the accident book and make one of the Caretakers aware of the report.